Hi there! Thanks for stopping by Ministry Mom. While I’m sure there’s a lot I could say (and end up rambling on and on…) about myself, let me just give you the basics.
My name is Julia Ball, and I live in Clarenville, Newfoundland. If you don’t know where that is, I don’t blame you! It’s the most eastern province in Canada, and a very small town. Right now, I’m blessed to be serving as the Children’s & Families Pastor at my local church. If you’re interested, you can check us out at calvaryclarenville.ca!
Beyond being a pastor, my greatest privilege in life is being mom to Levi – a bundle of energy and joy. I’m a little biased, but I do think he’s the cutest kid in the whole world.
Before I was mom and pastor though, I was wife to Andrew – my wonderful husband of 4 years. We met during our time studying at Tyndale University in Toronto, and dove into life and ministry together. We love laughing, watching a good show on Netflix, and serving Jesus together! He currently serves as the Lead Pastor of our local church, but before that role, we got to tag-team in Next Gen Ministry!
I started Ministry Mom during a break from full-time ministry after giving birth to Levi. I found myself having a lot of thoughts, struggles and ideas that I had no avenue to give voice to. Not to mention the fact that I have loved writing for as long as I can remember. This blog has provided an avenue for me to share my thoughts, connect with others in the same boat, and combine the things I’m most passionate about – ministry and motherhood.
That’s a snippet of my life. If you’re wondering some more of the fun stuff, you’ll be pleased to know that:
– I could eat mint chocolate every day of the week (some weeks, I do).
– I’m an Amazon fanatic – there is nothing you can’t get on that wonderful online marketplace.
– I can easily get lost in a good book or a Pinterest search.
– I play my music much too loudly in the car.
– There’s nothing more relaxing than sitting down on the couch after a long day and binge-watching an episode (or three) of our most recent Netflix or Prime obsession.
– My favourite book of the Bible is Ephesians – it never gets old to me.
– IMO, Brooke Fraser (Ligterwood) is the greatest singer & worship leader of all time!